Youth Director (Part-Time)
Reports To: Director of CYF Ministry (Children, Youth, and their Families)
The Youth Director will spearhead a comprehensive, robust ministry to the youth of Marble Collegiate Church and their families. The Youth Director is charged with a rebuilding of this important ministry, resourcing the larger CYF Ministry team (including the Director of CYF Ministry, Sunday School Teachers, and Lay Leadership teams), and partnering, as appropriate, with Marble’ Board, Committees, Strategic Planning task forces, and church leadership, to plan and implement CYF outreach strategies for Marble that reach the growing population of families living in our immediate and neighboring zip codes
The vision for Marble Collegiate Church includes an aligned focus for all ministry areas and Program Groups on the following strategic directions: Growing with 20s and 30s, and Families - Growing in Mission and Justice - Growing Deeper Relationships – Growing in Our Neighborhoods – Growing Financial Sustainability. Each staff member at Marble is tasked with working to align their ministry areas with these strategic directions and build out a growth and outreach plan that prioritizes these areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct leadership and coordination of all Youth Ministry programming and select and implement the Youth curriculum for Confirmation and Sunday School in collaboration with the Director of CYF Ministry and strategic partners (Strategic Planning task forces, Lay Leadership Team, and church leadership).
- Develop, both personally, and among CYF staff, familiarity and relationships with the members of Marble’s families. Ensure these families feel “seen” and individually known by the program and its leadership.
- Recruit, guide, empower and equip a Lay Leadership Team for the youth and their parents as together you plan and implement an annual cycle of programming.
- Nurture the Lay Leadership Team and reach out to newcomers to the Marble community who show an interest in this area of programming.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values faith and learning, commitment to quality, and innovative approaches that enhance effectiveness.
- Work with Media and Communication to brand and market the CYF ministry both internally and externally according to strategic priorities identified through our strategic planning process and in partnership with the Director of CYF Ministry, Marble’s committees, Strategic Planning task forces, and church leadership.
- Prepare and manage budgets for all areas of responsibility.
- Collaborate with colleagues in church growth and stewardship initiatives, encouraging people to join the Marble community and participate with their time, talents, and treasures.
- Collaborate with staff colleagues to enable shared programming when appropriate, including participation of youth and children in music and worship.
- Keep the database up to date in Realm to enable all families to receive regular communications.
- Participate in Church-wide Events, team meetings, etc., some of which occur on weeknights and weekends.
- Keep the Realm database up to date to enable all families to receive regular communications.
- Submit requests for background checks on volunteers to Human Resources.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Expectations
- A special calling to Youth and Family ministries.
- A commitment to the unique ministry setting of New York City and the tri-state area.
- Passion for Marble’s vision and mission: a focus on the uniqueness of the individual, the transformational power of faith and discipleship, and local outreach combined with national and international reach through media.
- Alignment with core beliefs of inclusivity and welcome, positive thinking, and Christian discipleship.
- A team leader and team player who is equally comfortable building, mentoring, and coaching a ministry team as they work collaboratively with others.
- A dynamic, warm, and approachable leader with an ability to relate to people of all races, socio-economic levels, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
- Good listener, communicator (both oral and written), empathetic, non-judgmental, compassionate, with a sense of humor.
- Energetic, dynamic self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Good judgment, ability to maintain confidentiality.
Part-Time, Religious Worker, August 2022
Schedule: Sundays and shifting weekday hours based on the needs of the ministry and requests of senior ministry leadership.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to the Director of Human Resources through our online job portal at the following link:
Marble Collegiate Church
Located on Fifth Avenue and 29th Street in New York City. An open and affirming community, Marble’s history dates back to 1628 and has grown and progressed with New York City to develop a worldwide reputation.
Vision: We envision a world where we all become the individuals God created us to be.
Mission: Marble Collegiate Church is a diverse, inclusive community of God’s people led by the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. We inspire everyone to become positive thinkers who make a difference in the world.
Questions & Information
For more information, please contact Applications@MarbleChurch.org.