GIFTS: LGBTQ Fellowship
GIFTS (LGBTQ in Fellowship, Tradition, and Service) is a community of faith, a vital part of Marble Collegiate Church. GIFTS is co-creating with God a world in which people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are embraced as God’s beloved children, a world in which each of us knows ourselves to be created in God’s image, gifted and unique. Marble has been welcoming and affirming of LGBTQ people since 1992 when a small group of gay men who were a part of the Marble Community formed GIFTS.
We hope you will join us in creating this world through one of our programs and activities:
- Programs - In our monthly coffee hours and other programs, we explore a wide range of topics of interest to LGBTQ people, through inspirational speakers, discussion, entertainment, and social events.
- Small Groups - GIFTS offers groups in a smaller setting, like “Being LGBTQ and Christian,” which allows us to explore similar interests and challenges through deep community and fellowship. Read more about Small Groups at Marble.
- Service - A couple of times a year, the GIFTS community joins with others from Marble to meet the needs of our city, sometimes in a NY Cares Day or through another non-profit or service organization. Read more about Outreach activities.
- Gay Pride - In June, the GIFTS Fellowship participates in several Pride activities, including serving water to marchers at the Dyke March. (Due to changes in the Pride March route, we no longer have our water table on Pride Sunday.) View the most recent Pride photos.
- Facebook - Like our Facebook page and meet some new people.
- Same-Sex Marriage - To learn more about having your wedding at Marble Church.
- GIFTS History - Marble Collegiate Church has been welcoming and affirming of LGBTQ people since 1992 when a small group of gay men who were a part of the Marble community formed GIFTS, Gays In Fellowship, Tradition, and Service.
Stop by and say hello...
Each Sunday following the worship service, LGBTQ people at Marble gather informally around the GIFTS Welcome Table in the Marble Loft. Members of the Leadership Team are there to welcome you, answer any questions you might have and share information about upcoming activities.
Room for All
Compelled by the inclusive love of God revealed in Jesus Christ and empowered by the Spirit, Room for All is a community of Christ-followers in the Reformed Church in America (RCA). It is a non-profit organization founded in 2005, governed by a Board of Directors and seeks to represent the full diversity and inclusion of LGBTQ members in the RCA.
In this moving Room for All video, "Room for Me?", members of our GIFTS community, and others, speak about their experiences as LGBTQ Christians in Reformed Church settings across the country. You can also download the accompanying discussion guide. For further resources, view the video series Body and Soul: We Belong, also at the Room for All website. This video resource invites viewers to explore the question of what it means to be LGBTQ and Christian through six themes central to the Reformed Church tradition, that are woven through the liturgies and confessional standards of the RCA. You can also download its accompanying discussion guide—we encourage you to make use of it as you view the accompanying videos, pausing after each section to engage in reflection and conversation.