Update on Marble Collegiate Church Vaccine Mandate and In-Person Worship
It has been wonderful to have so many of you with us for Sunday Worship, both online and in-person, and we look forward to many more Sundays together.
Please note, beginning October 31, we are joining NYC and other faith communities in requiring proof of full vaccination for those 12 and older to attend Worship, events or programs on our campus. We will also continue to require everyone age 2 or older to wear a mask and maintain social distancing when at Marble. From a faith perspective, anything we can do to keep one another safe is an act of love.
We want to make this as simple as possible, and here are a few things to know in preparation for this:
- Have your vaccination card, a photo of it, or an app ready to show proof of full vaccination, which means it’s been 14 days since your final vaccine dose.
- If using an app, you may use Excelsior Pass, NYC COVID Safe, or an app used in your state of residence, such as Docket in New Jersey.
- Upon entry to Marble, simply show your proof of vaccination and enter as you have been doing.
To read the full letter to the congregation from October 14, 2021, click here.
Registration is not required to attend in person. If in the future we approach our maximum safe capacity of 250, we will return to registration. We are aware that not everyone is online, so please share this information with those who might need it. We look forward to worshipping in person and elbow-bumping with you!
Please see below for a list of our updated protocols.
Marble Worship Protocols for Congregants
Important Information for In-Person Worship:
- The doors will open at 10:30am.
- As of October 31, 2021, proof of vaccination will be required for those 12 and older to attend Worship, events or programs on our campus.
- Usage of masks and social distancing will also be required.
- Masks will be available for those who need them.
- Hand sanitizing stations are provided in key locations.
- QR codes to access the bulletin are available in each pew encouraging a shift toward contributing to a “greener” environment.
- Paper bulletins will be available as needed, as well as Braille bulletins for those who need them.
- Hymnals and Pew Bibles will be in the pews for use by the congregation.
- With masks and appropriate social distancing, we will have congregational singing.
- Restrooms will be open and available downstairs on the Concourse level only.
- The handicap ramp will be accessible and monitored.
- Hearing assistance is available upon request.
- Instead of passing of the plate, attendees can continue to donate online or via wooden donation boxes available at key exit points.
- No after-Worship coffee service will be offered at this time. There is a water fountain available for public use downstairs on the Concourse level.
- Due to construction, our reception/switchboard staff will continue taking calls from a remote location. Only security and welcome staff will populate the 29th Street entrance and 5th Avenue Narthex on Sundays.
- Parking validation will be available with security at the 29th Street lobby.