We offer our gratitude to God for so many blessings. We celebrate our beautiful new church spaces, our staff, each other, and all our blessings.
Dear Marble Family Member,
Thank you for your generosity and continuing to give so faithfully as we work through our new financial reality. At the end of January 2023, congregant revenue (giving from pledging, plate and special gifts) was $892,159. The budget for congregant revenue for fiscal year 2023 (July 2022-June 2023) is $1,692,796. The good news is we are not far off from where we should be just beyond the halfway point of the fiscal year. The challenging news is that congregant revenue has dipped slightly from where we were at this point last year.
Remember the challenge Dr. Bos set forth to the congregation on Gratitude Sunday? He asked us to rise together and make $1,800,000 our goal for congregant revenue this fiscal year.
As you give your Easter Offering this year to help organizations outside of Marble, would you consider making a Marble Match, or giving the same amount as a special gift to Marble to help us navigate through this time?
On the expense side, our prudent staff have continued to contain spending and do creative ministry with fewer financial resources. Seven months into the fiscal year, we have had expenditures of $2,261,659 from a total budget of $4,259,880 (see our 2022 Annual Report for more detail on the FY2023 budget).
We will continue to update you on the finances of Marble, as promised. Most importantly, please know we are dedicated and hopeful for the future of our beloved church and are grateful for each of you and the part you play in making this such a special place.
For Fiscal Year 2023, we have taken several positive steps toward financial independence and sustainability, but we still have challenges.
- For the first time in decades, we have received no financial appropriation from Collegiate.
- We have continued to draw less than budgeted from the endowment; so far this fiscal year we have taken $137,000 less than budgeted.
- Our expenses continue to be down in most departments because of very prudent spending by the Marble staff.
- We have replenished the endowment to its 2021 level through additional bequests received and reimbursement of the boiler project by the developer of the site next door.
The good news is Marble Collegiate Church will continue to thrive, but we need to be transparent about what is necessary for that to continue. Church leadership is committed to prudently managing the congregation’s financial resources and annual budget, and the congregation is being asked to increase its financial support.
What does this mean for each of us?
- For those unable to offer an increase in annual giving: Thank you. Please know that your gift is cherished. Every dollar is important and appreciated.
- For those who are financially able to increase your annual giving: Thank you. Your increased support is critically important and appreciated. Marble needs your help now.
We ask that you prayerfully consider how you will give of your time, talent, and treasure to support Marble’s ministry in this troubled world. Marble offers the healing, hope, care, and community so many seek.
View past communications: our Annual Report, Letter on the 2023 Budget and Strategic Plan.
Finally, please reflect on these words from 1 Thessalonians 5:18 as you pray for God’s guidance during this season we call “Simply Gratitude”:
Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
With much love and gratitude for your prayers and support of our beloved Marble Collegiate Church,
Gratitude Sunday Committee
Dr. Michael Bos, Senior Minister
Rev. Susanah Wade, Co-Chair, Gratitude Sunday Committee
John Hupalo, Co-Chair, Gratitude Sunday Committee
Christina Morano Keiser
Here's How to Give
- Give Online
- Bring the “Expected 2023 Annual Giving” card to Marble
- Mail the “Expected 2023 Annual Giving” card to Marble
- To contribute your time, reach out to ministry leaders to see how you can be of service. If you need guidance, please contact Kim Sebastian-Ryan and she can help connect you.
Marble Gratitude Stories
Sunday, November 6 with Gloria Cheng
and Al Minderman
Sunday, October 30 with Dana Holland
and Phil Micali